Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Day for Sledding

Today has been lovely. The snow has been gently falling all day and making everything beautiful. Noel made the breakfast of champions for the team... cinnamon rolls. Caroline was the first to venture out and when you saw her frolic and face plant into the clouds of fluffiness... you just had to join in the fun. Rafe and I went with her into the woods and it was very Chronicles of Narnia. A couple of rolls down the hill and swan dives into the snow later and we were ready for sledding.

Caleb, Jen and I went up a hill (hold on while I catch my breath) to forge a sledding trail. We caught some major air and took a couple of snow hits to the face. I thought my face was melting off Wicked Witch of the West style for a while. Meanwhile, back at the "cabin" Allan was creating a miniature Fortress of Solitude out of giant icicles.

Erika, Noel, Rafe, Caroline, Allan and Nanci were de-nied on their snow mobiling adventure because their guide got delayed by an accident on the main road (Mel, Jen and I saw it... it was not pretty). Probably turned out to be a good thing that they couldn't go today... the wind and the snow would have made it slightly miserable going 80-whatever-mph. But they did get to enjoy the fun of the sledding that Jen, Caleb and I forged earlier in the day. And Allan took some truly hilarious video.

Noel is chef this evening... we finally found some chicken in this town for his Chix Parmesan. Sidebar: what kind of grocery store is out of chicken?! It's CHICKEN! Come on people.

No comments: